HUD Plans To Return To REAC/NSPIRE Inspections In 2020
Here’s What You need to know
June 18, 2020 The National Lead Housing Association held a virtual conference to discuss a return to REAC/NSPIRE operations. This is a link to the presentation NLHA Annual Meeting so you can see the specifics.
Objectives include the safe resumption of inspections for HUD’s Public and Multifamily portfolio. Target and prioritize properties most in need of inspection using risk-based criteria. Demonstrate to HUD’s stakeholders the continued importance of physical inspections to the health and safety of families and HUD’s mission to meet the need for quality, affordable rental homes.
The following timeline has been established and assumes REAC receives the appropriate approvals, and safety precautions are met.
- June 19: REAC DAS Approves return to operations
- July 15: Assistant Secretaries PIH and Housing / Deputy Secretary Approves inspection resumption
- TBD: First notification issued to POAs/PHAs for phase 1
- TBD: 14 day notices to resume
- TBD: Safety precautions validated and implemented
- TBD: Initial set of inspections resume
What does all this mean to you and your property? If your property falls under one of HUDs risk criteria, you could be looking at inspections as early as September 2020.
Housing Safety Group is currently ready to return to operations safely. Please take a moment to visit our website HOUSINGSAFETYGROUP , and view our COVID-19 protocols. We are capable of safely delivering onsite solutions to meet your immediate requirements.
Read the report here: